Tips to Prepare for the 1st Visit:
Going to the dentist can be scary for a child. It doesn’t have to be. The earlier you introduce your child to the dentist, the more comfortable they’ll be. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends children start going to the dentist by age 1 or within 6 months of their first tooth. Often, an infant or toddler’s first visit is simply a short icebreaker to establish the dentist’s office as a safe, friendly place. Taking the time to do this will make subsequent visits stress-free.
- Treat it as a casual sneak preview, not a serious event. Simply make sure your child is comfortable and understands everything that’s happening.
- Ask our staff if your child can walk back and quickly take a look around the office. Let them feel involved in the tour and explain what they’re seeing to reassure them that this new environment isn’t scary at all.
- Plan your initial “preview visit” during a quiet time of day—that way, your child won’t feel rushed or overwhelmed.
While you’re here, we’ll share some tips on brushing, flossing, and other cavity-preventing habits.
What to Expect During Your Visit:
Here at Marigold Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics we’ve set up our offices to make nervous kids comfortable during every visit—especially the first one.
Our kid-friendly waiting rooms are filled with a TV, a sensory wall, and toys to help children relax before going inside. Spending a few extra minutes hanging out in a fun waiting room can be a perfect way to ensure a stress-free introduction.
- Your new patient visit will begin with a tour of the office.
- Our welcoming staff will provide home-care instructions, a dental hygiene goody bag.
- The dentist will then provide a comprehensive oral exam and discuss findings and recommendations with parents.
- Dental x-rays will be completed as prescribed by your dentist, and our registered dental hygienist or the dentist will perform a cleaning.
- Your child’s visit ends with a trip to the prize wall to choose a surprise.
We want you and your child to leave here looking forward to your next visit at Marigold Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. See you soon!
Why we are different?
Our team is kid-friendly. We focus on education and prevention. And we do it all in a playful space. It doesn’t get much better than that! Because here at Marigold Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics we create happy smiles for life.
We put attention on prevention
When kids learn healthy habits early, it leads to a lifetime of great oral health. We also make every lesson fun—because happy kids keep coming back and creates happier teeth and gums.
We “treat and teach” at every visit. Moms and dads– Lets work together to teach your child this valuable lesson: prevention is key to a healthy and happy smile.